10-05-2015, 02:11 PM   #19
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Except that the M2 buyer isn't looking for modern day BMW luxury. And right now that's all that separates BMW from cheaper alternatives. The M2 isn't giving you M4 luxury. It isn't even giving you M235i luxury - that car is better optioned than the M2. So, the question shouldn't be why wouldn't BMW price the M2 closer to the M3 since that only helps them sell more cars. Rather it should be how expensive can BMW make this car without forcing buyers to look at a VW Golf R, CLA45, Ford Focus RS, GT350, etc? Sure, most of those cars don't offer the luxury of a BMW, but neither does the M2, so.........
Fair points but BMW knows that most people on this forum wouldn't touch those cars despite how amazing they are. How many times has a "M2 vs xxx" thread come up on one of those cars mentioned above only to have this forum community go to full fanboy mode and trash their interiors, turbo lag, undeesteer etc. I just don't think BMW is worried about it. Look at the markups the 350 and Focus RS will command right off the bat too? People are willing to pay for something they respect and a job well done. I think BMW is smart enough to know that.
Appreciate 0