10-08-2019, 10:22 AM   #10
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bi0hazard View Post
Hi All.

I know this was on my mind when deciding on a new track setup. After my first track day, I can say with certainty that square setup is really balanced. How can I be so sure? Because I had a super easy time driving the car at the limit, effortlessly getting the car out of minor/ playful power overseer slides coming out of corners . I know that doesn't mean much in general, but I'm not a great driver, and I'm running with traction control off. No significant under or oversteer. Also, my car is full bolt on stage 2....

Anyway, I just wanted to voice my endorsement for a square setup for those who are not sure which way to go. I love it, and prefer it to my street staggered setup.

The wheels are apex 18x10 and tires are 275/35 Bridgestones.

B-=
That's awesome that you found a good square setup that works for you. Definitely a lot of positives to being square. Mind sharing what offset the wheels are & any spacers if needed? Also what suspension are you running & camber? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashFL View Post
I’m also on 255/285. Some corners take a little patience to stay out of understeer and rotate the car (I imagine I’ll get better at that over time). Square setup would make this a little easier, and I’d definite appreciate getting more life out of my tires. Might try square setup in the near future, but the staggered setup is a lot of fun, too.
Yeah definitely both fun. Little more nimble with square - but a little stagger still can still rotate pretty well too. I like the feel of 20mm stagger - 275/295 - at the track. Good turn in, very grippy, and can put the power down pretty well. Both definitely have their benefits.
Appreciate 0