Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Big Turbo BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [9.42]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Hey -Eidos, reviving your awesome thread!

I had a few questions about fuel injectors that hopefully will clear up any questions for other guys, too. First, could you please confirm if these are the OE-like injectors (EU6) for our M2? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...-13647639994kt

And, if we wanted to switch to EU5 for more flow, this is the correct version? https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...ch-13647599876 I see there are several EU5 options out there.

Secondly, with a lot of guys starting to play with Emixes and stock, Stage 1, and Stage 2 turbos, where would you draw the line to say F10 M5 EU5 injectors should be used?

In my case, I'm using BM3 Stg 2+ Multimap and flexfuel sensor on E50 with a TTE460 for 480whp to redline. Also running a Dorch Stage 1 with the updated HPFP tables that I worked on with Dorch & PTF, so small HPFP dip at tip in, but can sustain this amount of power even in winter. Logs & dyno chart here: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1884838

I don't really plan to add more power, bc as you can see in the dyno chart the Stage 1.5 TTE460 won't flow much more than 480whp to redline. I could probably get a little more out of her by running E60-80 and getting more flexfuel sensor timing advance, but IMO the little extra power isn't worth having to change from the stock LPFP and I wouldn't run that high of Emix in the winter anyways b/c of long cold cranking.

So, that's my specific situ, but wondered if from your testing you found a whp & Emix line that clearly showed it was time to use a different injector?

Another reason I'm bringing all this up is my car runs strong but has been developing a worse and worse idle over the last year, and now it's bad enough the car can die and codes don't point to anything specific, just random misfire when idling (no misfire at WOT). We're changing plugs (NGK @ 0.027" is what I've been running and is going back in) to see if that clears it up, but I also picked up the Bend Calibration fuel filter setup in case what we're experiencing is clogged injectors from extended E85 use & no line filter.

Anyways, curious to hear your thoughts on all this. Thanks!
BMW EU6 Fuel Injector Kit - 13648625397KT (the kit you sent) are the correct injectors. EU5 injectors are good for around for about 600whp range, they are equivalent to Nostrum stage 1 injectors. if you want to make big power, I think your main limitation would be your HPFP and you not being supply fuel with an upgraded LPFP setup. being at Dorch stage 1, will limit your fueling and I suggest you upgrade to a stage 2 HPFP, as well as the LPFP. if you want to run full E85 on DI, I recommend skipping a stage 2 HPFP and go with a Dorch stage 3 and get stage 2 Nostrum injectors with a LPFP upgrade. However, personally, I would just go intake manifold port injection. I was told the fuel filter only needed if the car sits a lot, so I skipped it since I daily the car. As for the gapping, I'd maybe try gapping down to 0.025 since you're upgraded turbo, and try gapping down more if needed. Keep in mind, I'm running a 0.020 gap on 97506 spark plugs and OEM Bosch injectors on a stage 3 EFR turbo with intake manifold port injection at 660whp.
Appreciate 0