View Single Post
      12-04-2020, 09:01 PM   #1
M2Competition
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp, P. Sport Turismo, MGA

S55 is better than the 9,000rpm NA engines...

I know my title seems like the clickbait titles by the youtubers to make you watch their movies

Let my try to make my point.. Everybody talks about how amazing the naturally aspirated high reving engines like the GT3 or 458. I agree that those engines are really good but they become alive over 6,500rpm. In low rpms they are not much to write home about. I used to own a 458 and even though it was an amazing car that handled liked a go-cart, it didn't have much torque under 6.5K rpm. So considering that 80% of driving typically happens at under 6.5K rpm (unless you are on track), it is almost like your engine doesn't feel that special 80% of the time.

Considering that the torque curve is all the way at its peak starting at ~2,500 rpm, I enjoy a lot more of my driving experience with the S55 in my M2C.

I'm not really trying to start an endless my car is better than your car discussion but I'm curious if there are others who prefer the high-torque on low rpm character of the new turbo engines like S55 compared to the high reving NA engines that are considered magical by the most.
Appreciate 1
prompt292.00