View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 10:41 AM   #35
Blurbo311
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
No hate for Honda... it was kool during my rice days when i was young and my friends were modding civics, del sols, lots of eclipse gsx and gst.

I had a new s2000 after my Honda Accord and Toyota Supra when it came out... I didn’t like the s2000, loved the Supra...But the only reason the s2000 and Supra has a cult following is cause they saw it on ‘fast and furious’. Other than being a fun track car, the s2000 was one of the worst cars I owned for daily driving. You needed to bring the engine up to 7000 rpm’s before the v-Tech solenoid kicked in and it was rough... can u just imagine daily driving the car at 7000 rpm everyday, every drive every shift... when the v-Ted didn’t kick in... it felt like a civic. my 600 cc race bikes were more fun in that aspect.

I tried to live my life a quarter mile at a time with the s2000. But the next light was usually always less than a quarter mile!

Edit: Count how many times I used the word rice and when I said race bikes I meant my 3 rice rockets, 600gsxr, 600rr and r6.
Interesting about the 7k vtech, my AP2 kicks in to vetch at 5800 rpm, and I know guys who got a tune that has the vetch kicking in arouond 4000 rpm. The s2000 is one of the funnest cars I have ever driven, the 6 speed tranny is pure bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I'm not sure why everyone is hating on this car so much. Yes it's overstyled, yes it's ugly, yes it's in your face, but it's also a $30k hot hatch that Honda is betting will appeal to the younger crowd. A crowd you may have noticed that was never bit by the car bug like a lot of us were. I personally wouldn't buy one, but at 43 years old I'm not the demographic they are after. I hope this car sells extremely well to the 30 and under crowd, capturing a whole new generation of car enthusiasts that are on the verge of killing off the performance car as we know it. With cars like this, the Focus, the Subie STi, there's hopes manufacturers will realize that entry level performance cars are what's needed to hook the consumer on fun, performance oriented, cars and keep catering to them as they grow up and into cars like our M cars. It's a win-win for everyone! Go Honda!
Yes, congrats to Honda for making an affordable fun car! If it wasn't so ugly I might own one.
Appreciate 0