Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I've never owned a Honda. I had a Toyota a long time ago, but that's not relevant here. I don't really care if you want to hate on Japanese cars, you're entitled to your opinion about them and that's fine.

The term "rice rocket" (or "rice burner") is a racial slur against people of Japanese heritage.

I'll grant that it has lost a lot of its meaning since I'm pretty sure I've heard Japanese-American people use it to describe Hondas... but it's still a slur, by definition.
For the record, I'm a white guy (although I do actually have a Shiba Inu).

Not sure why I have to explain this.
Rice is the predominant grain in a huge part of the world, maybe covering the majority of the world's population. It has been common to refer to Japanese cars as "rice wagons" for a very long time. Of course, the first use of this expression was before there was a viable export automobile industry in Asia, other than in Japan. Now of course, Korea is a huge exporter, and (I'm guessing) they eat rice there, too. China obviously has aspirations on the car manufacturing front, also.

I'm personally a bit sick of having every expression or term used labeled as an example of "racism," or "racial slurs," or whatever. It gets old. In your world, maybe, but not in mine. Political correctness goes too far.
It's a shame about all this political correctness eh ?

Apparently it must be very limiting to your vocabulary.

Just because a term is used by many,
Doesn't make it any less of a slur.

SHRED HATE Bro, don't cling to silly reasons to perpetuate.
Appreciate 6
MR_M2519.00
ZPrime611.50