10-06-2020, 06:20 PM   #16
j23
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post
Very strange. We didn't receive any communication from you either. Our hardware was sourced after referencing hardware recommended by a local BMW dealership. They are M5x0.8 screws FWIW. I will have to touch base with the dealership again to see if there has been a revision since to a self-tapping variant. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

George, please shoot me a PM to get your the screws you need. Will have to sort out our online chat / e-mail issues.
You're probably using the wrong hardware without realizing that not every BMW rear plate mount is the same. Some BMW mounts have metal screw inlets, like this: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-assemble...SABEgIJaPD_BwE

Others (like the OEM M2 Competition mount) don't have these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...r/51139448724/
As a result, your hardware won't work. You need to send out tapping screws that cut into the plastic. That's how OE BMW plate screws look that came with my car. But because the OE BMW tapping screws are relatively short and the plastic they dig into is flimsy, it is not physically possible to mount your frame to our mount using either the provided screws or the OE tapping screws. Go try it on an M2C and see for yourself. At least one or two of the OE screws won't fasten your frame to the mount because at least one corner is too far apart from the plate due to the "flush" design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM5 View Post

We used this particular design to accommodate for some vintage models (both BMW and otherwise) that have a protruding trunk lock which does not allow us to achieve the thin perimeter that we wanted without mounting the frame as such.

They've been a popular choice for several marques, but apparently the new BMW crowd would very much appreciate another design specifically designed to accommodate the plate within the frame. Thanks for the feedback.
It's not about the plate being within the frame. The frame and screws that you sent are impossible to mount on M2C. See above.
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50