View Single Post
      11-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #13
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPR View Post
I will definitely look into it. Is maintenance cost right about the same between M2/3/4?

Regarding looks, I am content with the M2 from the front and sides, not a big fan of the rear. I really like the size of it, that's it's main advantage over the 3/4.

It doesn't look like there is anything available with under 20k miles from reputable dealers for under $50k.
Yeah, I can't see maintenance being much different between the two cars (oil changes, spark plugs, rotors, etc.) Maybe others can chime in but I can't think of anything on the M3/4 which would be a lot more money maintenance wise. I'm sure the deals are out there, the M3/4s have taken a pretty decent hit depreciation wise the past 12 months. You can no doubt find 15s and 16s with under 40k miles for around $40k. The comp pack didn't show up on the cars until 2016, but who cares. If you want the extra oomph, just tune it and throw some coil overs on it and you're better off with the money you've saved (traction is always going to be your enemy in either car, all flavors are fast enough stock).

I can't recommend the cars enough, and I agree, you don't have to worry about a crappy looking rear end on the M3/4 like you do with the M2. The M3/4 have an on so sexay rear end.
Appreciate 0