Rep
Drives: Volvo S90

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23109VC View Post
I have been shopping for an M car for the past year...more researching with the expectation that I won't really be ready to buy for 6-12 months.but if super deals can be had now b/c dealers are starving for business I could see it making sense sooner. a lot of people are losing their jobs and some self employed people are seeing massive hits to their businesses... I would think the volume of people buying these cars is dropping quite a bit
I think a lot of people believe this will pass in a month or two. I'm not sure this situation is going to be back to normal until we get a safe and effective vaccine, so I figure up to a year. I'd guess deep discounts start showing up in a couple months.
I guess it depends on how long this lasts for... if 60-90 days sales are still in the toilet we will see deals get better and better

They can't let the cars stack up too much on the lot
They also don't necessarily need to restart factories if demand is not there. Back in 2008 extended factory shut down was one of the things bmw did from memory as well as discounting.
Appreciate 0