View Single Post
      01-10-2020, 09:08 AM   #110
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle918 View Post
Anyone know where to buy another shift boot? I broke mine and the shift knob still wont come out of the plastic ring lol. I figured it would be easier to just super glue the shifter back on since the wires won't come out and just use a new boot than destroy this shift knob/boot anymore.

Also this has been reiterated throughout the entire thread but the AS SSK + UCP are definitely worth it. The UCP was really weird at first but it is much more comfortable than the normal clutch position. The only thing I don't really like about the UCP is that it is kinda slippery.

I got the SSK with 20% reduction, which I kind of wish I got a little less, but it is definitely the highest I would go. I also got a 10mm drop which is perfect for raceseng shift knobs, since I felt it was a little too high on the OEM shifter.
I've modded and fitted 2 x BMW shift knob / boots no problem.

Can you post any pictures of your issue? Maybe I can help?

The BMW shift knobs and boots are one piece plastic-welded together. They are purchased as a single item from BMW.

The knob has to be broken off the ring that is glued into the shift boot. This leaves the ring in place which cannot be removed from the boot fabric.

I then used a 20mm drill bit by hand to open up the ring so it fitted over the raceseng adapter post, then the new knob just screws down over the top of the boot covering the ring.
Appreciate 0