View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 04:13 PM   #36
SafariEdition
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Geezer View Post
I find the choice of Sport/Sport+ to be surface dependent. A lot of our events are run on grippy concrete. I always run Sport+ at that site; Sport feels downright numb. Another venue is very slippy-slidey asphalt. Sport+ there is difficult to control. I will definitely be experimenting with Sport the next time we run there.
I would HIGHLY recommend trying it with all the nannies off next time. Track wise, I noticed even in sport+ or traction or any other mode that the traction control kept interfering with the car, especially on corner exit...it was stopping the diff from doing the magic that it does. Turned everything off, and dropped over 2 seconds in time. I typically NEVER drive with any of the nannies on in any of my previous cars ive tracked or autocrossed nationally...but wanted to test it myself to see what it would do.

Turn it off...you may find yourself swapping ends a few times until you get more comfortable with how the car handles, but once you learn the car, it REALLY rewards you by letting the diff work its magic, and by letting you rotate on entry and on exit and put more power down.