View Single Post
      01-12-2016, 09:29 AM   #548
subrven1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328 i xDrive M Sport

Garage List
Are you kidding me? Spend 50K + on a car and then extend brake life by depending on Engine braking?

I bought a BMW because i enjoy driving. The maintenance of brakes was great because you could LOVE your BMW.

Now, I have to worry about Poor Steer feel, Engine braking, Wiper blades....what next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
There were two bulls, one old and one young, standing on a hill looking down at a herd of gorgeous cows.

The young bull said to the old bull, "Let's RUN down there and have us ONE of those cows." The old bull said, "Why don't we WALK down there and have them ALL?"

Pay attention younger folks. Moving forward along those lines, if you are going to beat the crap out of your clutch and brakes, why in the hell should BMW pay for your abuse?

If wiper blades are NOT a big deal, and they are not, then why does BMW want to eliminate them from the maintenance program - it's more of a "feel good" benefit for the customer than anything else. When I took ours in for service, unbeknownst to me they changed the blades. When I noticed that I asked, "Why in the hell did you do that? It wasn't necessary." "Because we were supposed to based on age."

As far as brakes are concerned, we are at around 1,300 feet above sea level and every trip we make involves a long downhill trek. Guess what? We can actual take advantage of engine braking and extend brake like. Likewise, neither of us has a compelling reason to hold off on braking until the last minute or tailgate people knowing there's a fair chance we need to engaging in more robust braking.

Why BMW included brakes, clutches (for all 25 people that own a manual) or wiper blades in the first place is beyond me.

Now, being somewhat paranoid, it isn't going to surprise me if BMW subsequently decides (in a couple of years?) that, in order to synchronize all facets of the "BMW Experience," "We will, going forward, align our warrantee with our free maintenance program. As such, our warrantee will now cover THREE years."