View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 04:00 AM   #1
chris5150
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 30 YR Jahre

For those in the UK and other Non-NA markets - Careful with the "LIMIT" button!

Just a heads up , I nearly had a pretty bad incident due to the Limit function.

It was dark I had been using cruise control down the motorway, stopped to fill up with petrol & then got going again, on pulling out from the slip road onto the motorway, I accelerated away , wanted to be fairly brisk as there was an HGV looming , I hit the accelerator & nothing, pulled out on the motorway & I am foot flat to the floor & I am crawling...panic!!..look at my instrument cluster expecting to see some form of limp mode, & spot the green line on the speedo at 20 mph,clearly somehow I had put the limit on at 20!!...HGV paps his horn loudly and pulls into the middle lane to miss me...horrible moment, good job the motorway was fairly quiet
So yes silly me, but just as I heads up I presume I must of hit the limit button in error whilst coming out of the petrol station and set it...this to me is really bad bad design, you need to hit confirm when switching to MDM mode, how come you can accidently set a speed limit so easily?...could of been a very nasty accident..surely there should be some form of 'confirm' function when setting a speed limit, shouldn't be something you can do so easily by accident

Moderator Note: North American cars do not have this function.
Appreciate 1