View Single Post
      08-27-2015, 01:28 AM   #172
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Anyone who thinks Hyundai's N brand launch is a joke is going to be sorely mistaken. Watch the documentary Adrenalin, and you will note that Albert Biermann lived, ate, and breathed M. Why would a guy like this, who so passionately talked on the documentary and is a part of BMW history at this stage of his career quit and move to Korea? The guy was likely pissed, and who could blame him as everything he ever stood for was dismantled by corporate. Look at the interviews he gave on the M4...completely looked like he wasn't into it at all and was going through the motions. I mentioned this in a post and everyone on M4 board laughed at me, and sure enough he was gone within two months.

He was likely paid a lot of money to make things happen and Hyundai and with the decades of know-how I have no doubt he will create a division to be reckoned with. If that passion gets channeled into building real performance cars and he isn't hamstrung by corporate, those cars that you laugh at may be passing you on the track in a few years not to mention will probably be a blast to drive. If Ford and GM can do it, with someone like him on board, betting against success is probably a loser's name.
Appreciate 0