View Single Post
      06-13-2015, 04:21 PM   #28
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Here's the thing - I have a 235. One of the first ones on the board - I have had it since March 3 of 2014 - so roughly 16 months.

I have been considering an F80 for quite a while now because the 235 just doesn't do it for me. Main problem? Floaty suspension, vague braking feel, and overall squishy-ness. It is definitely an improvement in many ways over my 2 135s (looks, interior quality), but not so much in terms of how the car feels.

The F80, on the other hand, is on a different planet. The engine, which we won't see in the M2, is much more responsive and raw. The car feels 10 X's more planted - we are getting the chassis/suspension technology on the M2. And the brakes are MUCH better - which we are also getting.

So the car is basically a badass F80 from the belt line down...Add to that an LSD, quad exhaust, bigger wheels and tires (also a weak point of the 235), and the fender flares and what do you have? You have a VERY different car than the one that I am currently driving. Even without the S engine.

As far as the original question goes, there are others here that are of the same mind as me (///W comes to mind) - we would love to see a 1M estate or M2GC because we want to have all the fun of an M car...and our dogs can come too.
I'm with you all the way to the end... My F30 is much like your 235 in feel, but I personally don't need yet another 4-door, so i want a 2 door that is more driving focused.

So if the M2 is basically a F80 below the belt as you say, the engine is ~ 380hp (This is my guess - 50 less than the M3/4, 100 less than the M5), with some weight reduction, then it definitely is going to be a pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
You think so? I disagree:

If there is a model they should make, this is it. Not more GT cars IMHO.
1997ish E36? Yeah i like that one too... though its a tad longer than the 2-series and definitely a bit wider I think.

How about no more GT cars or GC cars - coupe and saloon and that's it.