United_States
Rep
Drives: '89 Land Cruiser, '18 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Off Season Tire Choice (Denver, CO)

Hey guys,

New BMW M2 owner here.

Frustrated this morning as we had a nice freezing rain here in Denver overnight. Went out and started my FJ62 to drive into work and got to scraping off the ice. Snapped my scraper in half and had to call an uber into work.

I was already flirting with the idea, but I think I am going to grab a set of "off-season" tires to throw on the oem wheels for the fall/winter/spring temperatures here in Denver that aren't ideal for our nice summer stickies. Denver doesn't experience a ton of snow days (contrary to what most folks in the country believe).

I want to make sure my thought process isn't too flawed here so I figured I would ask for others opinions.

2 Car Garage Situation:
BMW M2
Audi Q7 (Wife's Daily)

Outside in back drive:
1989 Land Cruiser

The Land Cruiser will obviously be fantastic for snow days and bad weather days. I daily'd the TLC for the last 3 years while saving up for an M2, so I am plenty happy driving around in it.

So, my thoughts are grab a good all-season tire that keeps me safe on cold dry days so I can continue to enjoy my M2 during the winter in Denver when I am able. I plan to throw my OEM Max Summer Performance tires on a set of summer wheels once they get here from Japan.

Sorry that was long winded ...
Appreciate 0