Thread: Heel toe
View Single Post
      03-05-2020, 11:08 PM   #11
CrashFL
M2 Pilot
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Re releasing the clutch. When you leave auto blip on, listen to how/when the car blips the throttle, then try to emulate that. You can release the clutch earlier than it might feel natural. Since I'm not as good as the computer, I tend to rev slightly higher than I need to, and release the clutch as the revs start falling. It's less than a half second difference, but mentally it's a bit easier. Also, I might be totally wrong.

Foot position: the brake is the important part. If you screw up the blip, it's not the worst thing in the world. But screwing up the braking.... well, if the brakes don't stop you, something will. I'm big toe and ball of my foot on the brake. Lots of strength and plenty of feel that way. Easy enough to roll my ankle a bit to blip the throttle. To reinforce the muscle memory, I always brake with my foot in the same position. With a little practice, it won't matter much what shoes you wear when you heel & toe during daily driving. On the track, the thin sole shoes and the additional feel really help with braking feel and the nuance of trail braking.

In the M2, the pedal positions make it easy. I have a normal size/ width foot, and it doesn't take any special technique to reach the throttle the the outside of my foot. As for my heel, it doesn't touch either pedal.
M2guru383.50
5.M0NSTER3353.50