03-05-2020, 05:48 PM   #9
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post
Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I appreciate it! In the video I noticed that he seemed to have a brake-without-hitting-the-gas-pedal position no the brake pedal and a second brake-with-the-intention-of-hitting-the-gas-pedal position. Does anyone else do that, too, or do you have one position on the brake pedal regardless of if you plan to blip the gas.

>Yes when drivers don’t intend to shift gears after slowing down (in this case), you will see a more firm/stabbing on the brake pedal - all without engaging ABS. An example would be going thru the esses or setting up a line in order to early apex.

>The second intention from what I see is senna heel toeing (matching the engine speed to the gearbox speed) in order to keep the chassis balanced on the track.

Second question, when do you release the clutch? I have heard/read that when you blip is when you release the clutch (which is earlier than I expected). So it seems that you're trying to rev the engine two ways:1) blip the throttle and 2) release the clutch. In other words, not waiting until the throttle brings the revs perfectly to match the point when you release the clutch.

>The clutch is released when the gearbox speed matches the engine speed... all by feel. It is a harmonious movement. 2nd and 3rd are usually spaced the most. The gear ratios will show you the exact numbers. If you can heel toe without your passengers head bobbing then that is a good place to be lol. Have fun and don’t over think it.

Again - appreciate your insight!!
Reply is in the quote.

Last edited by clutchdj; 03-05-2020 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 2
M2guru383.50
5.M0NSTER3353.50