02-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
epic
M Comp
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Why Does BMW Hate Android

The '17 car my wife and I bought (Chevrolet Sonic) for my mother-in-law has Android Auto and was $16-17K. My wife's '17 Escape - also has Android Auto. Meanwhile, my M2C gets a piss-poor Android 'BMW Connected App' that provides practically no added feature because it's too busy launching itself and asking me to accept terms of service. I knew it didn't have AA when I bought it, but I was hoping the app would give me something worthwhile.

Does BMW have a personal vendetta against Android, perhaps a Google exec slept with a BMW exec's wife? Android should be super easy to implement compared to Apple's ecosystem yet, here we are very close to 2020, without Android support.

TLDR: Please help us Android users out by emailing 'bmwgenius@bmwusa.com' or messaging them on social media and ask for Android support. This is something they could easily patch into existing systems - Ford added it to their models with an update.
bplewis24188.50