View Single Post
      07-15-2020, 02:11 PM   #2269
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
The question about the CCB is whether it's a good box to check because it's the only 2 series to ever have the option.

However, that could be quickly mitigated with the next 2 series. I'm still debating. It's so close to the C that it kinda needs all the help it can get. But 10% of car value seems like a bad way to spend money. Hopefully some off track driving reviews will come in to help with the choice. Seems like a lot of cars are getting equipped with CCB.

Down the road for resale I think it will be the cars without them that will be desirable. You can run regular discs but it won't be factory spec if it came equipped with CCB.
From my informal following of M3 and M4 used market over the past few years, the takeaway is that for the most part, there is very little added value to CCB option on a used M3/M4 as you get further from its original sale date. Early on, definitely but 3 years down the road, it falls into the noise of pricing.

My only experience with CCBs was on an M4 ZCP at the Performance Center back at O'fest last Fall. They had the middle of the course setup for hot lapping the M4s, and they all had ZCP and CCBs (and DCT). The session had five cars at a time. My friend and I have decades of track, racing, instructing and autox experience, so once out with the three other drivers, we all ran these cars for everything they were worth. I was shocked how well the other three cars were doing until afterward when I talked to them and they all were/had been racers and/or instructors, lol. I came away very impressed with the M4 ZCP and the brakes were outstanding, simply superb in every way on track - initial modulation, total brake torque (on super, super hot brakes), no fade, nice release characteristics, etc.

As we ended our session, the cars were brought in and new drivers went out within maybe 3-4 minutes rest time for the cars. They went on like this all day long from 8-5pm with car substitution for tires as needed.

I expect the CCB on the M2 CS to be similarly fantastic (as long as you don't need them in 33F rainy weather maybe?).
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0