View Single Post
      10-07-2020, 10:22 AM   #91
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Yes. It's a weird one. People unaffected now have much larger disposable incomes as they aren't spending money on travel, restaurants, entertainment etc etc.

In Australia this has meant big sales for luxury items (luxury cars included) and home renovations. Things like furniture are now pushed out to months.
Its not an increase in disposable income but a redistribution. Its fairly easy for example to spend a months car lease on eating out. Ppl want to be entertained and retail therapy is one form of entertainment that still available.

I also think people realize this might drag on or create a new normal (I have no need to go back to the office) and want to make their diggs more plush since their spending more time at home.

The worry which people (IMO) should be having, is that the job losses in face to face jobs will eventually lead to a recession. But there is always someone yelling doom and gloom so what do I know.