View Single Post
      04-08-2020, 11:23 AM   #103
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I installed it - getting it running was definitely a bit of a mess. Would launch it and it would start then close pretty quickly and download an update. Did this a few times & it finally got going. So my top secret trade trick was to keep hitting play...

Haven't played much of anything - but so far I like AC but not a big fan of iRacing. Have not tried Project Cars yet - thoughts?

I've done a couple of laps in rFactor 2 so far in the M2 CS Racing - the force feedback is on full and the slider does not change it at all. Working on figuring that out as it makes for a not very pleasant experience.
I know this is a surprisingly unpopular opinion, but I think Project cars 1 (haven’t tried 2) is the best of the lot in terms of physics, tire model, and offline play.

First off, it was developed with Ben Collins (you might know him as the Stig)

The cars react very predictably (unlike iRacing where the tire model is very suspect) and it’s about as hard as it should be. Plus it has a fully fleshed out career mode if you want to compete in championships and move up the ladder. The AI drivers are pretty realistic and the slider helps you fine tune your level of competition. I like to set it to where I am having to drive at my very best to qualify/finish in the top 10. And what’s cool is you can increase it throughout the “race weekend” as you get better at the track.
Appreciate 1
bentom2335.50