View Single Post
      10-08-2022, 07:15 PM   #31
fleetfoot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2013 E92 328i

I've got an update on pad recommendations after my track braking skills improved. I wasn't seeing much wear on the HPS 5.0 pads as a novice, but as my speed built and I got more comfortable with threshold braking, I started chewing through the Hawk pads REALLY fast. I pretty much went through the Hawks in 10 sessions at Road Atlanta. Now I'm running PFC-08s on the track. Here's my comparison of the three:

PFC-08: Amazing performance on the track with no fade and minimal wear. Very sharp pedal feel. Dusts the most of any pad I've ever owned. Extremely squeaky on the track and street. I tried driving them around town for a week and couldn't stand it, especially with the windows down.

Hawk HPS 5.0: Feels better on the street than OEM, and I didn't have any issues using these as a novice on the track. Dust actually seems comparable to OEM, but it doesn't look as rusty after rain/washing. Occasional mild squealing on the street, but totally livable.

OEM: I thought these felt grabby at first, but after swapping back to OEM from my PFC-08, the OEM's feel very chill. No noise at all. For the street, I think these are great, and I'm planning to swap back and forth between my track days. Once you have a wheel off, it only takes a few minutes to swap the pads. No issues with swapping between OEM and PFC compounds.

Last edited by fleetfoot; 11-03-2022 at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
AmuroRay2282.50