ashburyn54
Captain
Rep
Drives: f87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David@ActiveAutowerke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernstem View Post
Those Volk TE37s look great! I really like the 18 inch look and beefy sidewalls.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusblazeee_f22 View Post
Those volks thooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionrace View Post
Thanks for the updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 View Post
Why develop a new intercooler? It has the same part number stock as m235i. I am sure the ones developped for m235i will be a straight fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
The M235i ones could be restrained by space limitations inside the front bumper/fascia. Possibly room for larger intercooler in the M2?
If there is room to improve on the existing intercooler than we'll try and make use of it. We have multiple different sized cores here that we can use to see exactly how big of a cooler we can fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
It would be really interesting to compare lap times for stock vs. square 275/35/18 setups.
BMW specified over 200 tire parameters to Michelin for the M2's special tires.

Oh, and dropping the car reduces suspension travel.
That can be bad when you're tracking the car and you hit the bump stops.
Just sayin'.
At the end of the day the PSS was still designed to be a good all around street tire. The class of tire we're going to use would be more similar to a Pilot Sport Cup.

Fortunately the coilover design that we plan on using to lower the car will not sacrifice travel. The M Performance Coilover requires you to adjust ride height by actually lowering where the spring sits on the shock. The design we're working with retains the full shock travel and spring preload at all times, and the ride height is adjusted by an external mount on the bottom of the shock. So basically to adjust height, you're moving the mounting point of the car to the bottom of the shock up or down, instead of lowering the spring and reducing travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Agree. It's one of those weird sport + comfort features.
F1-simulation paddles + slushbox-simulation auto mode.
BMW developed it just to "keep up" with other car makers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
Yep, afaik Porsche PDK 7speed and Ferrari's 7DCT are basically the 'same' Getrag DCT gearbox BMW uses with optimalized software etc.

But anyway. 1:12.2

Cheers
Robin
DCT is no doubt faster and more consistent. But it's less romantic and with current trends I'm worried that the death of the third pedal is near, especially in sports cars. Not to mention that the 6MT makes better numbers on the dyno than a DCT car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
TE-37s look great!!!
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Why should they ? Customers await ?!

18x9.5 - skinny wheels

I dropped 18x10s with 275/35 continentals on my 1M instantly for my track setup , and definitely more than 9.5 is needed with that size tire.

I Hope this baby can fit more than this...

I imagine that like most BMWs a square setup and some camber will make it a great track machine that doesn't cost you an arm a leg in tire because you can rotate all around.
The 10" 275 combo will fit fine in the rear. I'm worried about the front. The front fender does have a small lip that may need to be rolled, but hopefully we can make it work without doing all that.
The coilover issue always makes me wonder why people spend 3-4K on setups that sacrifice preload and shock travel to lower. When there are companies like fortune that make custom damping setups for selected custom swift springs. I always go with them. $1500-2k gets you a killer 2 way setup these days.
Appreciate 0