View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 04:13 PM   #98
SW19
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 Alpine White M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
When I report I always add not finalised or under discussion on some threads because it is under conception. I am not 100% correct all the time! but at that time what I hear is the decision , discussion etc at that point in time.
Of course not everything is the final decision and that things agreed on a Friday morning could be undone by Monday afternoon.

Some posts are marketing because of the decisions made and the reasons for doing so.

At that specific time I only knew M3 and M4 were in launch colors for the NAIAS. When I saw the black one I thought it would raised on a platform in the same way BMW do for International auto shows.

Back to the M2. Based on initial sketches.

You will know an M2 as it will be very different from an M235i in its stance and muscular bodywork.

The appearance leads on from the M235i Race car , typical facia with upturned central intake , aerodynamic spoilers around the outline of the brake intake with additional air curtain. The breather on the front wing will occupy the full length.

There is a wider track so both front and rear arches will be pronounced to accommodate 19" wheels. Although 18" will be offered.
Signature quad M exhaust ports with aerodynamic developed diffuser and a double edged Carbon fibre roof will be standard.
Very exciting news!
Appreciate 0