View Single Post
      09-20-2015, 06:15 PM   #1
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

12V-sockets inside the M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEMR View Post
[M2] Build looks awesome with the exception of the smokers package! Get a new car 15 days of hell no smoke, then you can delete that part of build. Done!
I don't smoke (except for, occasionally, the tires ) and don't allow anyone to smoke inside my car, but ensure always getting the "Smoker's Package" in all my cars (for BMW it's option code 441). Reason: getting that extra 12V socket.

Guess what I use it for in, for example, my 1M ?

On at least the EURO-spec 1M you could also get a third 12V-socket, more particularly inside the luggage compartment. It was part of the optional "Storage Package" (option code 493) which included:
  • 12V socket inside the luggage compartment
  • luggage nets on the back of the fronts seats
  • two cup holders in the center armrest between the rear seats
  • cargo net on the right hand side of the luggage compartment
  • two lashing eyes
  • two tension straps on the luggage compartment floor
On at least the EURO-spec M2, the "Storage Package" (option code 493) is standard. But beware: it does no longer include the 12V-socket inside the luggage compartment - that's a stand-alone option (option code 575).

My advice: you won't regret ticking the option boxes 441 and 575. It will get you three 12V-sockets (one inside the ashtray, one under the front armrest and one inside the luggage compartment). As a matter of fact, my daughter likes to recharge her electronic devices too when sitting in her back seat while my wife and I like to have "our" two 12V-sockets in the front to feed/recharge our electronic stuff.