SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
That sucks.. I would be upset but accept that that's the cost tracking a vehicle like that..

This might sound like blasphemy here but M2 is obviously not a track tool but a sporty street vehicle and when you begin to push it, it shows its limitations, such as caliper color discoloration, for one..
Poochie, Are you smoking crack? Maybe sprinkling some coke on your corn flakes in the AM?

The M2 is certainly a "track tool"

Every OEM painted caliper I've ever track driven on, has discolored.

Every students car I've gotten to really threshold brake has had their front calipers fade in color. (might take a few events)

Vettes, GTR"s Ferrari's, P Cars, Stangs, Z's, EVO's, STI's, Honda's.....They ALL DO!

Its a right of passage for HPDE drivers. If they haven't faded their calipers they aren't using their brakes to their potential.

If your going to measure a cars track abilities by its calipers not changing colors then NO CAR is...track worthy.

The OP is a Novice track driver. I'll give him a "pass" on this.

Although IMHO he's gone to far with his complaints. Kind of like owners who sue BMW over brakes making noise, or rust on their hubs/rotors.

I waited to buy a M2C because in my opinion its the best manual transmission "track ready" car for the money, that is also a great daily...
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 1