SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
Ok, let's not get our panties in a bunch and act like it's a night and day difference between the 2 cars on the street

On the street:
DCT vs 8 speed - goes to 8 speed. Smoother starts and low speed shifts around town. Real drivers get the MT anyway

I've driven a RWD 6 spd M240 its a great car. I could care less that in auto form its smoother :-)

S55 vs N vs B. - Most people won't notice. Some will feel 70hp difference every now and then, but most will just notice the GOD awful sound of the S55. So tie ... at best.

I really don't want to revisit the N55 vs the S55 debate. The S55 with a AA Midpipe gets rid of the weedwacker rasp. I do love the N55's sound over the S55. The S55 is superior in almost every single measurable way otherwise. Try getting more than 400WHP out of the N55 w/o spending lots of money.

Brakes - no difference noticeable on the street since big brakes vs blue brakes stop the same in the first 5-6 stops. Tie. Might notice less weight light to light even, so I'm being generous here. On a road course, kudos to big brakes tho.

Good point, if you never track your M240.

Active Diff - win for the M2.

Yes it is. One of my major complaints until recently was not being able to option in a Rear Diff in any BMW's except M Cars. What an embarrassment for BMW to ignore this for so many years.

Suspension - On the steer it's a mute point, since you can't drive either car fast enough on the street to tell

Drive them both on the street and tell me you can't notice the difference? You don't have to drive 10/10's to know which one is an M car.

Better cooling - again, on the street a mute point. On the track makes a big difference in favor of the M2C.

Yes it does, including your M2's cooling system. I've overheated a Turbo motor during a Time trial. Expensive. One of the many reasons I waited for the M2C.

Overall though, it's pretty damn close. Against M240 it comes down to extra 70hp at the cost of sounding like a weed whacker. And the active Diff, which is pretty sweet. The rest it mute. Take your pick.

Depends who the owner/driver is...I've been HPDE instructor for almost 20 years now. The M240 is a very solid fun street car for the majority of BMW drivers. I don't see many at HPDE's... Why is that?

So let's be real here.
If your a true enthusiast, reality is a M2
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 1
natmad667.00