Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezzracer View Post
OH boy..Here we go again. Do your homework. Or talk to those that have actually driven an M3C and a M3 CS back to back. The difference is significant. Not to mention 20k in unique factory installed CFRP, wheels, and exhaust.
Dezzracer is right again. People have been knocking down the CS on a daily basis. They expect to have the benefits of the CS in the last model year of the M2 Competition for the same price of the Competition. Why would they make the last model year of the Competition so great when you have the G Series M3/M4 coming? You have to pay to play. I don't think people understand how business and marketing works.

When I go to the Porsche blogs, I don't see Carrera owners constantly ridiculing the GT3 and 911 turbo. Why can't that work here?

I agree totally.

I suppose the same folks who complain today about how the M2CS is too overpriced, will complain in five or ten years why it's gone up so much in value making it impossible to own one for them.

If you buy one, you do so because you want one not because it's "fair value". If you don't buy one, you do so because you're not interested in the car at any value because if it was that cheap, then everyone would buy one and you'd still miss out while contemplating if it's worth buying if everyone else has one too.

I respect your choice if you buy one, or if you don't, but please please, don't knock the car because if the M2C is anything to go by, the raw genius that is the M2CS will be one of the best cars BMW will have made over the last 50 years.
Davil6333.50