View Single Post
      03-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #1
Chevca
Registered
Rep
Drives: Wip

M2C vs ZL1 (using M240 as a reference)

So just being honest I have owned many Camaros and in fact, currently own a 02 SS. But I drove an M240 during a business/vacation in Germany and really liked it even though it had snow tires and my other half giving me side-eyes on the autobahn

I also own a 15 S1000R and its been the best bike I've owned so BMW has worked out for me.

But back to the 240 and from what I've read it sounds like the M2C would have enhancements that I might like? I am also curious how much it costs to maintain one if I was going to run a track day once a year and drive it on public roads as a second car? I've seen some of the maintenance recommendations for the ZL1 and I am not sure I want to deal with all of the fluid changes from both a cost and time standpoint. I am also curious about fuel mileage with the DCT on the highway and it's not being pushed? During my trip, I spent a lot of time in no speed limit zones so I really have no idea what the cars fuel mileage would be here. Also, I am pretty sure telling my girlfriend the fuel economy was just bad because of the turbo wasn't actually believed

I am aware of the significant difference in power between the two cars but even my 02 SS with 350 HP is more power than I can really do anything with on public roads. Pushed to its limits I am well above the speed limit, somewhere past an actual speeding ticket and towards "please get in the back of the squad car".

Plus it seems like the more power you have the more stuff you end up breaking, wearing out or having to futz with.
Appreciate 0