MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Here goes:. My thoughts are completely speculative and based solely upon my love for conspiracy theory so no one should run off using this as rumor.

My gut is telling me that it doesn't make sense for BMW to produce the M2CS as we know it at this time. They would be better served offering all the CS parts as package add-ons and doing away with the base C. The economic downturn would be an easy way for BMW to cancel production and save face. As others have mentioned the CS is just a C with added parts. Those that do want the CS would be able to buy the CS package. Certainly BMW has already produced the parts necessary for 2200 CS models.

I believe that there is either going to be.

1. No 2021 M2C and the CS is shifting to a 2021 model as the production cycle doesn't make sense for it to be a 2020. Production shuts down until end of April. This pushes US production beginning in August at earliest.

2. No limited M2CS and 2021 M2C gets a boatload of new options including digital dash.

3. M2CS US numbers are significantly more limited in effort to squeeze the CS into a 2020 model and 2021C is extremely limited as well.

I've covered multiple scenerios, which doesn't say much other than I'm unsure, but do not believe things will play out as previously thought. 2200 M2CS and full run of 2021 m2C.

Thank you for your thoughts. Ironically, last week I was informed of my firm allocation for an October build which would suggest I'd receive it in 2021 (Australian delivery).

But, everyone is hurting, rich and poor are going to be vulnerable and the ultra-rich would be buying Bugatti not BMW.

I actually think BMW will still build the CS but in lesser numbers just to use up all the pre-manufactured components.

How many!? That would be anybody's guess but maybe a few hundred.

I just hope they don't kill it off altogether as that would be a crying shame.