View Single Post
      03-17-2020, 11:32 AM   #35
robertm
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM33 View Post
I'm not a fan of the gold wheels either. Don't think they would look good in person.
My car came with the frozen gold wheels. I had the dealer strip and repaint as part of purchase.

Was at local BMW dealer this weekend. They had a red M4 CS in the showroom with the gold wheels. He said the car has been there a long time. ($114k sticker I can see why) I told him I had the same wheels but had them repainted. He laughed and said the other CS they had with gold wheels they had to repaint as a part of the purchase.

I think the wheels are fun to see at car shows and maybe in places like Miami where everything it more flamboyant they work. I had them on the car for a weekend before my appointment to get repainted. In some lights they look silver which looks fine. In any light where you could detect the gold I simply didn't think they worked. (I have a white M2C)

For those that like the Frozen gold wheels, I am a firm believe in everyone enjoying their car exactly the way the want to. Please don't misconstrue my personal preference as a knock against yours.

Last edited by robertm; 03-17-2020 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 3
clee1982797.50
blockdoc373.00