Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io View Post
The stock suspension of the M2 is a joke, that's a fact. The car is never well settled with it, it's very bouncy from the rear, it twists in corners in a weird way that makes impossible to drive fast and precisely. The M-perf suspension transforms totally the car, solving this critical issue. It's stiff, but not to the point to make the car unusable on the road. In fact, the car is MORE comfortable with it, as it stops bouncing like crazy at the smallest bump.
BUT, something to keep in mind before buying it for a car used as DD is that coilover bumpers have a much lower longevity than normal ones. I know what I'm talking about. I installed the M-perf suspension on my M2 LCI when it had 5000 kms. One of the rear bumpers broke one year after, after 10000kms. One of the front one just broke after 25000kms. Based on what I could learn from the mechanics of my BMW garage, it's the normal longevity of KW coilovers whose main recommended use is track, not road. I found similar information on the web.
In a weird weird way, I have an M2C and have to agree with this spot on...

On perfect, track like roads the car feels great... but if you are driving the car hard into turns, or up highway on ramps and there are any bumps or imperfections in the road, the car feels like it wants to fly away or takeoff and it has an odd amount of side to side sway. In many ways its un nerrving and kind of makes me lack confidence when driving hard... considering the Mpss to help fix this... shouldn't have to do this in a 60K + M Car.
This is exactly what I felt with the stock suspension. As posted above, the stock suspension is not only a joke, its an imposition and a shame!

Do the MPS, you'll love it! It's more complaint on normal roads and you can properly corner the car with lots of confidence and precision as it should be from the get go. The rear is now planted perfectly well, no bouncing anymore. The MPS transforms the entire car, into a much better car.

By far the best and most important mod to this car, and at least for me, it's night and day!
Appreciate 2
ASAP10154.50