View Single Post
      03-11-2020, 08:53 AM   #1
Kingkow
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Ground control camber plate noise - no response after 2 emails

Hi guys,
Anyone else using the ground control camber plates for street? I am having some issues with mine and I've tried to email them twice but still no response. I think the service is pretty bad.

First, I am using KW suspension with it and it is extremely difficult to tighten the strut but because it doesn't protrude enough to grab it with a 10mm key. But also the nut provided by GC is very short and when tightening, I have no choice but to scuff the aluminium top plate. That's quite bad. The only solution is to use an impact wrench but KW recommends against it. So I've tried to ask GC but no response.

More importantly, I have a funky sound when I turn the steering wheel left to right. After I checked underneat, it's the bearing sleeves that just don't spin smoothly. It's like "toing, toing, toing" when turning the steering wheel. It doesn't glide smoothly but rather slip, catch, slip, catch. Anyone else has this issue?

I would like to post a video but I am not sure how.

Could anyone advise whether this is normal? Is that kind of sound expected when using a camber plate or is that specific to GC plates? It's quite irritating and it's made worse with the fact that they are not responding.

Thanks
Appreciate 0