View Single Post
      03-04-2020, 10:19 AM   #10
Detoxified
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
I installed the B16's on my car last week and loved the handling of the kit but faced an issue regarding the ride height as well. My plan was to drop the front by 20mm and the rear by 15mm compared to the stock ride height to achieve a positive rake of 5mm between front and rear.

Before the installation, I read the instruction booklet carefully and noticed that Bilstein specifies a minimum and maximum measurement range for the front and rear spring adjusters of (175mm-190mm from the spring seat to the center of the pinch bolt for the front and 50-60mm from the adjustable spring plate till the spring seat for the rears).

So I respected this range and set my measurements to 190mm (highest setting) on the front and 50mm (lowest setting) on the rear. To my surprise, the front got lowered by 25mm and the rear dropped by 10mm compared to stock. So I want to lift the front by 5mm and drop the rear by 5mm to achieve my desired ride height but I will fall out of Bilstein's specified range if I do so!!!

There are still plenty of threads on the spring adjuster to lift or drop the car but I don't know what the consequences will be if I exceed the range. My front is lower than the rear by 15mm at the moment which is 10mm above my desired goal.

Do you think it will be fine to exceed the specified measurements?
Thanks for providing these pictures, I actually don't think I will go with Bilstein coilovers since I'd want the rear another 10mm or so lower than picture above and your at the lowest setting. I'll either have to commit to KW or stick with BC racing.
Appreciate 0