View Single Post
      02-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #57
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

I will say, it is only very recently that I've learned how to set my side mirrors properly. Honestly, THIS forum has taught me so much about basic driving that I never knew before. I am not too proud to admit that for going on nearly 29 years, I had the following basics completely F'ed up: a) Seat position, b) steering wheel position and height, and c) side mirrors.

With regard to side mirrors, I did what I think 90+ percent of the driving population does: I positioned them to show me the sides of my own car!!! And driving the M2C, it was always unnerving to me to be constantly looking over my shoulders at "the blindspot" to change lanes.

Thankfully members on this forum have helpfully shared videos and articles, etc., etc., and I finally learned to position them properly. Chris Harris videos on seating and steering wheel position have been invaluable. And with the side mirrors positioned properly, with the M2C's short wheel base, visibility and awareness of other lanes and drivers is amazing.

The only thing I'm still working on now is drifting. As clear as the explanations are in this Chris Harris video, I still don't seem to be able to pull off the same tire shredding drifts as Mr. Harris! I don't get it!

Appreciate 2
Davil6523.00
bri10425932.50