Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
When I'm switching lanes at 100mph+, I don't have to look; I know there is no one on either side of me
I know you're kidding, but watch out for motorcycles. They travel at a fast clip too. But I've been guilty of feeling all alone while cooking up a fast pace then bust a lane change for whatever and then think; oops, that could have been real bad.

When I rode on the street and was passing a fast moving car on a highway/freeway, I was keenly aware the driver probably think they're alone and I would stay as far over as possible when going by them. It really is the riders responsibility when passing, but not all of them think that way and I don't want any blood on my hands.
Oh, I'm always well-aware of my surrounds; motorcycles or quick moving vehicle usually emits a reasonable loud sound that would catch my attention, so there is also that..

Not to dampen the mood but I've wittiness a person die before my eyes, in a car accident.

It's a very humbling experience to see a human get ejected from a vehicle, twitch on the pavement for a moment, as their soul leaves their body. Then the paramedics show up a few minutes later and place a white sheet over their corpse - then they go smoke a cigarette and shoot the breeze..

I might off come as an asshole, in a attempt at humor but I'm solemn when need be..
Appreciate 0