02-17-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
particulardude
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR4 | L405 SC SWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanG View Post
Instead of getting the M2C mirror covers, get INDs AutoTecknic M covers. That is what I bought and install was easy and looks great. https://ind-distribution.com/collect...rror-cover-set
I hear ya but like @andrewc89 I think I'll need the real deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
This is mine. All the light grey is stuff I have already, totalling almost $30k paid.

FYI, I did order the IND painted roundels and didn't like them. The chrome ring looks a lot better, IMO. It centers the BMW logo, otherwise it looks out of place.

I would just get the painted front reflectors instead of the euro bumper. Not worth the price when you can get something almost just as good for a fraction of the cost.

Any reason why you want the carbon trunk? If it's to save weight, it's more cost effective to replace the battery. But for weight, it'd rather take weight out of the front than the rear.

Titanium exhaust. Kinda expensive to only lose ~10lbs, imo.

Can probably get a set of wheel spacers from turner motorsports for cheaper.
Sweet list - thanks for sharing! Love the detail dude.

Interesting re the roundels - I'll keep that in mind.

Threw the whole bumper cover on there as a I have a fair scrape on my current one, if I need to get it replaced at some point I'll go full Euro. May do the reflector blanks in the meantime.

Re the trunk I really like the look and the fact that it's a single OEM unit. I know there are third party spoilers with a similar shape but lusting after that trunk.

I've taken a close look at Dinan and MPE but damn the Akra is sexy. The others all look like an industrial can of beans. Granted this is underneath the car so I realize the silliness there - it's a daydream list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
I have them and love them. Different strokes for different folks.

+1

I've tried every knock off M mirror (autotecknic, autoid, etc.) and finally settled on OEM M2C. 100% worth doing the real deal. Also, you can find them for $1250 (not 2k like OP has them listed for) if you know where to look.
Thanks for the feedback mate - appreciate it. Shoot me a DM with that secret source for a better price por favor!

Instagram@particulardude

Last edited by particulardude; 02-17-2020 at 07:18 AM..
Appreciate 1
Anthony1s755.50