01-22-2020, 11:37 PM   #43
giamo64
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobert View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
2019: back on track in my favorite playground.
I can understand being obsessed with those mountain passes - got the bug pretty bad, partly thanks to you! After hitting a single pass (Stelvio) back in October '17 on my ED trip, I went back last June intending to hit another half dozen but... bummer Gotthard/Furka/Grimsel/Susten were still closed - only Gotthard had opened by the time we made our way back up from Lake Como but there was a torrential downpour that day so I don't count that "run" since I could only tiptoe through it in my rented M2C (DCT).
When were you at Grossglockner last year? I was there June 4.
So now I need to come back and hit those four. Sucked missing them - made even worse by going hungry in Kaprun after Grossglockner, then staying in an absurdly dumpy hotel in Fluelen the next night (after Klausen), which also happens to serve severely overpriced - and shockingly rancid - food.
Might do ED for a P-car in LATE summer (so all passes on my itinerary are open ) of '21 or '22 - if not (or if I can't wait), f it - I'll make a trip over just to run passes for two weeks! If you have a favorites list - Alps & Dolomites - I'd love to add to my list. Def appreciate all your tips from the past, which I used (from old 2017 notes) to organize the runs last June.
Just be aware of swiss cops there. You don't know how easy is to get 3k swiss francs fines..
Appreciate 0