View Single Post
      01-15-2020, 07:10 PM   #28
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Got them on! AND I painted the muffler flat black while I had the tips off. This is a MUST! It looks SO much better with the silver muffler blacked out. It just disappears.... which it needs to do.

I am Thrilled with the new tips! The quality is good, the carbon fibre matches the carbon diffuser.

We used a puller to get the tips off. Follow this link below for a video on how to remove the tips.

It worked like a charm and took about 20 min for all 4 tips. I recommend getting a puller, and you can rent them at a rental place - do it. This way the original tips are as good as new and could be pressed back on if you ever wanted. Not likely.... or sold...

Once you get the tips off, there is a peg where the new carbon tips will slide up against. These are a perfect placement - meaning that the new replacement tips are the perfect length. They are the perfect diameter and slid right on. The pegs are designed and positioned to slightly offset the tips, meaning the outside tips are in a fraction more than the inside ones for the perfect look and Fitment.

They stick out more than the stock ones that were inset under the diffuser. This way you get to see the etched M logo from the top looking down. Again it's perfect and there is no screwing it up or choices
On how far in to put them.

There is one thing more I'll do. You can see the tightening bolt in one of the pics... I'll paint that bolt black and the silver won't be noticeable.

I prefer the carbon and stainless look of OEM, but the black look great too.

I get the car washed on Sat, it is filthy, and I'll replace these pictures on Sat, but here are some. Note the flat black muffler difference...

I used a high heat flat black BBQ spray paint from Home Depot. It is runny... go slow and light and do lots of coats. I dabbed up any runs and resprayed that area... it's fine. I'm assuming I'll need to continually touch up...

To prep, I brushed the area with a stiff brush first, used an acetone cleaner to remove all the salt and oils - repeatedly cleaning it, taped up the diffuser (I didn't have to remove the diffuser) and carefully sprayed the tips and muffler. I painted it all the way to the exhaust pipes near the differential.

Really happy!
Attached Images

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0