04-17-2019, 10:31 AM   #118
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
While I love the off-topic diversion to prancercise; because who doesn't love prancercise?

... the other thing I love to do is grab my license as soon as I'm pulled over, then get out of the car and walk towards the police car with my license in hand.

It gets one of two reactions (and in the USA, I'd expect it'd get the first reaction only - so I wouldn't recommend that) - either you get told to get back in the car, or the officer walks up to you, in which case, I shake their hand, give them my license with the other, and suggest we stand off the road.

In the latter situation, I find a much greater chance of getting a fine knocked down or turned into a warning. You tend to have a much more relaxed conversation with the officer because you're on equal footing and his arse isn't in danger of being taken out by a passing truck.

Things must be very different in Australia. anywhere in North America you will get ordered to get back in your car, and likely not politely. You may get a pistol pointed at you if you're lucky you don't get shot. The police want you in your car for a number of reasons, among them is your safety as the copper needs to worry about his ass and the traffic and doesn't want to have to worry about yours, the bigger reason is it gives him a tactical advantage. And the police generaly don't want to shake hands with anyone and again there area number of reasons for this.
Appreciate 6
cmyx6go15560.00
scostu1619.50
Rmtt8206.00
minn1913970.00
xQx902.50
shay2nak1070.00