Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, C63s, 718 Cayman GT4

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
One of my friends' m2 had his cp broken in early 2017 on jb4 map 6 running just as much boost as every other tune does today.

We call his car our 'm2 test car', because he has absolutely no respect for the machine and would try whatever available to explore the limit of power. And only fix what breaks.

A lot of valuable stuff learned thru our extensive(brutal) testing on it the entire year (he and I), what works, what part makes power (truth may surprise many) and what psi stock turbo is comfortable with etc.

CP is kind of thing should be done prior to anything else even on a stock car with no mods in plan.

This test car didn't do it earlier because we always cheap out on it, using cheapest available parts, and abuse it as much as humanly possible. But what doesn't kill it only makes it stronger. It's been the quickest standing to 62mph(100kph) m2 in China at 3.88sec. Mod when getting that time = knockoff ic + knockoff cp + knockoff 200-cell cat + JB4 custom map on pump gas. And oh, RE71R 19 35 265 tire. This wasn't the most aggressive setup we did of course.

BTW, on this setup, 1/4 mile was 12.05@117mph, not impressive but good enough to walk 99% of M2 out there I guarantee you that. It's a blessing of us (ok me) to have this test car.
What boost level did it break at?

I was gonna keep mine stock but I figured I would do it before I do Stg 2 turbo. Didn't you install a stage 2? Or was it just the dinan

What does your M2 0-60 run come in to?