View Single Post
      05-12-2017, 12:41 AM   #68
nopslide
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by japanaltaf View Post
I took my car (Sept 2016 build) to the dealer asking to get updated. I had the following issues listed -

1. Static on phone calls.
2. CarPlay slow to reconnect when getting back into car after a short stop (like stopping at an ATM).
3. CarPlay unresponsive at times, moving iDrive controller causes no action on the CarPlay screen.

I have an iPhone 7 on iOS 10.3.1 and mentioned that these issues have been happening regardless of iOS level.

The dealer said that they tried a couple different iPhones and couldn't replicate the issues Suffice it to say, this dealership won't be servicing my car anymore. Instead of simply updating the software as I requested, they tried a few phones and declared it good, basically saying that there is no issue and that it's either me or my device. Not sure why some dealerships haven't a clue when it comes to good customer service

I'll try again in a few weeks at a different dealership and report back when I do.
This isn't a really ideal solution but I've noticed when I get static on my carplay calls if I switch from car audio to handset and back using the buttons on the phone it goes away for the duration of the call.
Appreciate 1