View Single Post
      05-10-2017, 06:15 PM   #67
japanaltaf
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 AW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
I was pretty disappointed with Peter Pan BMW refusing to update the software in my 2017 M2, and subsequently contacted the BMW Genius folks. They said the same thing, that no update is available for my car. They claimed to have spoken with BMW's engineering team to confirm.

I subsequently contacted BMW North America's customer support team, which sent me back to the BMW Genius folks who reiterated that there's no new software and they can't help me. Felt like I was going in circles.

So I replied and Cc'd a couple of BMW North America executive team members. A few days later, I heard from one of their administrators who asked for details on my software version, which versions are on other cars in the wild (thanks for the pics, guys!) and what issues I was experiencing. I sent along the specific version information, pictures of the iDrive and Navigation version numbers from this thread, and described the issues.

She's claiming to be in touch with BMW engineering to solve the issue. We'll see if something finally happens. To date it's been "Too bad. No update is available, and we won't even try to update your car. Deal with it."

Hopefully they actually put some effort into this and help out.
Glad to hear you are fighting for it! Looking forward to hearing your result. I have been busy with work, but will start my own battles soon as well. Pretty ridiculous that they make us go through all this nonsense for cars that are still under warranty
Appreciate 1
ried791.50