Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggi View Post
I just did 30% Llumar ceramic tint on the side windows, corner windows, and back window. I also did Llumar Air series clear film on the windshield.

Should not use metallic film on our cars because it can cause interference with electronics.
The metallic issues are a myth. I have had it all my BMW's even with comfort access no problems at all.
Good to know you are using metalized tint without any issues on your M2. When researching, most everything I read advised against using metalized tint on newer cars loaded with tech. I also had two tint shops tell me they will not install metalized tint on new BMWs. But I'm not an expert on window tint, so maybe this is a myth being purveyed by the industry to get people to buy more expensive ceramic tint. I've also had metalized tint on my cars in the past, but this was years ago before cars came loaded with all this tech. Whether this whole interference thing is real or not, I would've still gone with ceramic over metalized or dyed tint, because ceramic tint is supposed to provide superior UV and heat protection. I also think it looks less reflective or mirror like. I would highly recommend Llumar films because I've had it on multiple cars. It's very durable and doesn't change color. I have 11 year old Llumar tint on my S2K and it still looks great.
Appreciate 0