10-05-2016, 05:48 PM   #39
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The H is Silent View Post
I recall having the PS2 on my e90. At some point the PS3 was released but was not the direct successor, but rather the PSS became that new tire to go after. If this new tire supplants the PSS then it's interesting that they abandoned the super sport naming so quickly to go back the pilot sport.

On a somewhat related note, the 4S just seems like a poor naming choice as it immediately conjures up the idea of a 4 season tire to me. Then again, what do I know, I'm just buying tires...
IIRC the Michelin Pilot Supersport came out in 2010-2011 and replaced the Michelin pilot Sport 2 ( aka PS2). With PSS supplanting the PS2 there was a tough transition from the similar naming and I imagine the name PSS2 would probably *really* be confusing. Either way.. the Supersport name was around more than a half decade.. so I wouldn't say this is a QUICK decision ..

potentially good point about PS4... reminds me of a certain video gaming device.. perhaps it won't be around long and a 5 is coming. Yikes.. PS5 might be confusing with PSS...
Appreciate 0