Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
My observation from over here in the UK, there is almost some sort of distorted satisfaction when an owner of a BMW has some issue with his/her car. Almost a "you are paying more for less" type view.

We don't typically hear comments about a Ford having some sort of problem, folks will even joke about them, as F.O.R.D equates to Fix Or Repair Daily. A BMW, that's different, I guess envy has a part to play.

Over here the Fleet reviews (FleetNews) see BMW as at the top of the heap most years. Fleet managers don't pull any punches, but do rate value for money and reliability. I suggest a more objective viewpoint.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manu...-in-fn50-study

HighlandPete
Ahhhhhhhhh...data from an objective source.

Beats the crap out of a couple of ladies delivering barbershop blather.
Many thanks HighlandPete!
Cheers-mk

P.S. As a fleet car driver for 16 years I can state that this information clearly takes into account the fact that typically fleet maintenance is performed more stringently than a non-enthusiast owner might perform. Fleet managers have ZERO sense of humor about not hitting their numbers. They want no outliers in the maintenance of their charges. As a field manager, I would get copies of the nastygrams that were sent to the noncompliant reps...not nice.

Last edited by MKSixer; 11-28-2015 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0