11-28-2015, 11:54 AM   #86
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
The antithesis of objective reality.

We are unreliable witnesses and tend to magnify both positive and negative attributes in any situation. Additionally, we tend to treat the exception as the rule. When peeled back with skillful questioning, along with properly collected and interpreted data, perceptions can usually be debunked.

Cheers-mk
My observation from over here in the UK, there is almost some sort of distorted satisfaction when an owner of a BMW has some issue with his/her car. Almost a "you are paying more for less" type view.

We don't typically hear comments about a Ford having some sort of problem, folks will even joke about them, as F.O.R.D equates to Fix Or Repair Daily. A BMW, that's different, I guess envy has a part to play.

Over here the Fleet reviews (FleetNews) see BMW as at the top of the heap most years. Fleet managers don't pull any punches, but do rate value for money and reliability. I suggest a more objective viewpoint.

http://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manu...-in-fn50-study

Quote:
The BMW 3 Series once again demonstrated best performance among the car models, while the 5 Series and 1 Series also secured top 10 places.

BMW retained its number one status in the manufacturer table, ahead of Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Richard Hudson, sales director at BMW Group, said: “BMW is renowned for producing award-winning cars, but when the sample size is a car parc of 650,000 vehicles and we come out on top it is especially satisfying.

“To be honoured as the most reliable car among contract hire companies and the most reliable brand in the overall survey is a fantastic result and underscores the expertise of our renowned engineers in developing class-leading products.”
HighlandPete
Appreciate 1