JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JggyM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
I have been through quite a journey and you don't know half of it! I almost bought a ND Miata and a 911 before I came to this conclusion.

Anyways, the reason I turned down the 11.5%+ offer was because I felt like it was compromised in terms of what I wanted. But right now, if I do a factory order, I know I will have the exact options I'm looking for. Another reason I was hesitant on picking up a car on lot was because I really wanted to do Performance Center Delivery. But at this point its moot...In hindsight, maybe I should have taken the on lot offer. Also, I referred this vehicle to a forum member and it has since been sold.

Regarding tax, I split my time between NYC and PA. However, PA is my residency, thus 6% tax. And thank God for that!

Re: 10% off now...I posted about this awhile ago, however, it is actually a lot more difficult to get 10% in today's market. Short summary:

1. Dealers have furloughed a large percentage of workforce, thus decreasing operational expenditures
2. BMW Corporate have given incentives for dealers to manage the amount of vehicles on their lots.
3. No supply of new M2C coming to the US until at least end of July/early August due to factories reopening mid-May. Supply and demand, from a business perspective, it actually makes sense for dealers to hold and remain relatively rigid on pricing
4. "Revenge buying" - in economics, it is common after a halt in consumerism that when businesses open up, there will be more people buying everything for a short time. This is also relevant in the auto industry and dealers have been pretty busy

Now this is not to say you can't get a good deal. A good friend on the forum (you know who you're) got a fantastic deal on a DCT car that has been sitting on a dealer's lot for ages. Overall, DCTs are much easier to get deals than manuals. Which I think works in your favor?

There is a dealer who was being pretty aggressive from what I have been told. Trust me, I emailed a lot of dealers during my hunt.
Any tips to chase a discount off MSRP in Socal area? Or know any contacts or dealerships with decent discounts?
My advice would be shop outside of SoCal. It's pretty simple, go on Autotrader to see vehicles in your spec and just email the dealers with your offer.