04-23-2020, 01:27 PM   #46
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I predict that turbocharger is on its way out and will be replace by a 48V hybrid battery setup, which will have all the advantages of a turbo-charger, without any of the limitations.

It will be tenfold over in efficiency and reliability, to become the new trend, kind of like what BMW did for the turbocharger technology, when they brought it back from extinction, into the mainstream, with the advent of their successfully N54 motor, in 2007.

I can't wait, I just hope they find a way to integrate a third pedal but that probably just wishful thinking.
You know, as we move towards electric cars and everything being blindingly quick in a straight line, I can see a resurgence of the third pedal, simply because sports cars will naturally have to evolve away from having their defining characteristic be "straight line speed relative to everything else." With everything being stupid fast, sports cars will have to be more about style and feel (and hopefully) driver engagement. There's no reason you can't hook up an electric motor to a gearbox (I think i read on jalopnik that Kawasaki has a 4-speed electric sport bike concept) so on paper, there isn't a reason not to do this if the head honchos think they can make the sales numbers work.
Appreciate 1
dcmac443.50